Playing with colour blocking on my 9th day!
Julia Pick explaining to me how she uses the digital board..to get all the points and do them on Gerber- a international drafting program.
Maureen doing up the fur hat I drafted yesterday.
I had to do lots of unpicking..
He preparing my ham, cheese and mushroom lunchie
Freezing my butt out outside the roadside crepe stall
Beef and vegetable pot!(I was still hungryyyy...)
Geraldine briefing the whole team about the changes and the confirmed pieces for Unique A/W
You can't tell she is 29 ya?
Posing with my fur hat..
And this was the original..but hey the mock up is of the wrong fabric..sooo it's not counted!
Love this retro print on my dinner pack up
Having a hard time trying to pinch on the chunky fries and fish with that miserable fork!
Ah..wat else can I say anymore..
Sorry about the belated post! So once again, I was back in the sample room and I did three task again and by the end of the day I was really aching from fingers to my shoulders. All I did was cutting fabrics, drafting more stuff and unpicking lots of stuff!
It was quite tedious but everyone was as busy as a bee so I really helped them as much as I could. Either to cut out the mock ups or sew a odd button or so. The highlight of the day was seeing my fur hat come to live!!! Maureen sew it up in less than 15 min! She is a genius and she went on to tell me where my draft can be improved. After showing the mock up to Geraldine, she flew to the fourth floor where there is a big meeting for the Unique show. The stylist was here and she wants to look at every pieces that has been produced!
Boy was it a madhouse in the sample room! Machines were on fire, the scissors clacking away..tonnes and tonnes of paper used up too! I watched as all of them worked with so much passion and fire for each garment! Really amazed at their speed and working attitude! Next, I was asked to unpick a wooly sweater made up of different cotton parts at the arm and yoke..
I took more than 2 and a half hour to complete it! Its insane how I had to unpick the parts without damaging the expensive wool!ARhghgg..thankfully it was soon lunch and I hop onto the back lane of Oxford Cirus and got to the crepe stall Driana told me about.
Little did I expect to walk into the streets where all the fabrics, trimmings and tailor shops were at. As it was really cold, I took a quick glance and off I went enjoying my crepey meal. The day ended off with a lovely cheer from everyone as it was my last day with the pattern team! And by then, I was really tired and went to bed super early last night too.

No comments:
Post a Comment