"Check out" in Topshop language refers to free samples! I was really lucky as I was running around the floor distributing the A/W trends and colours to all the departments when Claudia stopped me. "Pris,are you free now?"Ya I am"..I replied.
"Here, take any thing you want from this rack! We are not using any of these designs!" You should have seen the look of my face..ahaha..In the end, I took one tailored black jacket with white piping, one yellow pea coat, one shimmer bolero, one smart bla/whi trim shorts and the ever popular sailor pants!
Ahhaa..You can tell I am super happy today and I am so looking forward to the Sample Sale every friday (tomorrow) at 1130am in the office canteen! Did I tell you guys how beautiful the canteen is? They have their own gummy sweets corner too! Well, finally I started my first day with the design team! Have met a few of them in the midst of the week so its great when they can remember you..
First task I was asked to do was to search for inspiration pictures for the themes Topshop is expanding on. I had to look for either pictures, art, illustrations and blah blah. After going through like mountains of magazines, I got my other task which got me busy the rest of the day.
I had to go to the library at St Martins College of the Arts and also the London College of the Arts for more in-dept research! So my first stop was St Martins! Gosh, I was really excited because its a university I always wanted to enter and have heard so much of. So I strolled down to Charing Cross Road and under the extremely cold windy weather, I chanced upon it while taking a break at Borders. The university's building is really old and the library has the most gigantic source of fashion related news, magazines, books, artists and much much more. Everyone walking in and out there looked super uber cool.
But I decided to enquire more about the courses there so I dragged my tired feet to Tottenham Court Road where the main office was and the walk there opened my eyes to the dreamy London I was hoping to see. The streets were equally busy but everyone was just alot more relaxed, I even walked past a park and enjoy the tiny witsy bit of sunlight as I returned. What really made me smile was spotting a Fish and Chips shop!Ah...!!
Before I left work, Emma (design assistant) invited me to a Topshop party tonight. The head director and head designer was leaving and they are hosting a party for everyone. It will be held at some members club in Spot Road or something. I said no but thanked them for the invite cuz its really quite a distance from my hotel and they are most probably going to party till midnight which will be extremely dangerous for me to return home by then on the tube. (the worse is I do not know how to get there!
So I went back to my hotel as usual, grabbed my favourite PRET soup and giggle at the little gossip I heard today. Kate Moss new collection shoots are out and the lady-in-charge said to her friend that the photos have gone through massive DI cuz Kate is looking really old now and she is very picky with the photographers she use.(Apparently, she only works with 6 photographers..I roughly know who are they already..)and now off i go dreaming about the sesame bagel I will be buying for breakfast tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment