Casual (6th)Sixth day!
Morning call!
Down the streets of Portobello Market!
Gosh they have so many stalls selling greens and all things natural!
Love all these antique jewelleries!
Its really named the bling bling muffin!Pre-Lunch Snack
Lunch was filling with a big bratswart sausage!It was juicy and tender!
Have fallen in love with naked trees!I took lots of pictures of them!They make me feel airy!
How cool is that! Sofa made of sand!...they are street performers!
Tate Modern Museum! A must-go visit for everyone! Super interactive ideas and concept!
I cannot believe I am standing next to Claude Monet's water lilies painting! They are one of my favourite art works !
I thought the line was a sticker or paint marking..wait till you go nearer!
They are real cracks! I cant believe how they polish and carve it..its the entire floor!
He is not doing any patrol inside the museum..he is part of an interactive art installation..quirky isnt't it!
Crossing the bridge towards St Peter Cathedral!Super breezy and COLDD!!
Getting into shape!
How intricate..its a street art I saw while on my way to covent garden!
Some fish and chips before I head for mass and the musical!
Crunching on to my greens!
The musical was sensational! -PERIOD-
Interior of the theatre!
The wind howled so strongly at me the whole day and my gloves never left me. Its the coldest day I have experienced ever since I arrived a week ago. I started my day bright and early and headed down to Portobello market! Am totally glad I took the bus instead of the tube because I landed right smack in the middle of the market!
Overall, I think the market is abit too touristy..saw many people from all over the world..its packed, the stalls are filled but I think it feels very commerical. There were alot of things I saw that did not surprise me or wow me. Most of it came from china, thailand but of course there were really crazy ones! Like the stars telescope or something..the old vintage cameras and the wide selection of vintage sliver ware.
After an hour or two, I left the place feeling a bit disappointed, I have heard so much of the market!! Well, I am hoping Spittersfield market won't when I visit it tomorrow!(The topshop girls hyped about it with such excitement, it better be good!) Next, I headed down to Tate Modern Museum by the South Bank..where the london eye, tower of london, tower bridge are. After alighting from waterloo station, I totally didn't expect the walking distance to be so far. Yeah..the scenery by the river front is great but not during winter!! It was really cold, windy and I was almost blown away!
Finally, I saw a tall, chimmney looking building and quickened my pace into the museum! I am so thrilled I made it there! The contemporary art works really blew my mind away! To be in the presence of the greatest artists' works is just..hard to use words to describe! I admired at Gustav Klimt, Picasso, Van Gough and many upcoming new artists!
One that really caught my eye was Juan Munuz, his clay sculpture brought new meaning to form. I know I am sounding very arty but the way he drapes and create the folds on clay showcases his talent in shapes and sensitivity to movement..unlike the many sculptures I have seen before. For a whole of 30 mins, I stood there just admiring the folds and pleats of the skirt he created on a girl sculpture. WOW!
After zipping up and down the long escalator on all 6 floors, I bought more hot coffee and crossed over the bridge to St Peter Cathedral! I told myself I want to go to covent garden to check out hip new stores but I remembered I had to go collect my musical tickets before show time. I walked round for awhile but got really exhausted and did not have any more energy to look around. So I hopped onto Tottenham Court Road (where the theatre is nearby) and with a scare at the ticket office that my transaction was not approved..I freaked out!
Thankfully, in the end they managed to track my reference number and weeh! I got my first ever musical: Hairspray at the Shaftesbury Theatre @ 7.30pm. And now, I have to say all these are not made possible if not for GOD. He blessed me with having a chance to pass by these places through my outdoor trips for Topshop and helped me familiarize with the surroundings! I even found a catholic church just across the theatre!
With great joy.. I got my dinner and walked past a OFFICE shoe shop! AH!!I saw the shoe I so wanted in my size and now there is additional 20% off from the already marked down price! Super awesome! After which, I quietened myself down and went to St Patrick Church where I was approached by someone to say the first reading and the responsial psalms. (I wil elaborate more on that in my next post!)
After a great time at Mass, I was so looking forward to the musical!Boy, was it sensational, fantastic and incredibly enchanting! The cast was soo good, the props and sets were so creative, the costumes were beautiful, the music was super eye catchy too! The whole time, my eyes were glued to the stage where the casts performed the best show I ever watched! And guess what, it was on full house and all the audience were really responsive with their whistling, cheering, applauses and smiles! Everyone in the house even stood up to dance and sing along to the tunes of the musical at the end of the show! Bravo bravo..what a night it had been for me!
Its already 1.19 am in london, I need to catch some winks for my sunday sourcing trip tomorrow! Good night!

No comments:
Post a Comment