A flirty 5th(fifth) day!
As I huffed and puffed through the breezy winds on the street with my power bomber!
Ah I went tongue tied again when I saw the bagel boy..really embarassing!
The lady in red cap is drawing a street illustration for her new designer collaboration.. in front of Topshop main window display as part of a marketing promotion!
How adorable!!H&M window display..
Entrance of London College of Fashion
snake of queue at the sample sale..
And here we present the heart shaped sunglasses for Topshop Summer collection '08
Katie is the designer for Casual Trousers!I think she is really pretty!
Caroline and Katie..in the 214 meeting(214 = only for oxford circus collection)
Everyone in Topshop gathered to bid their farewells
Mary Homer, me and Karyn Fenn who is leaving
My Current addiction!Pret!
All day long as I communicate with the girls, they will either go..wow..gorgeous..its lovely..beautiful..lovely..gorgeous and so on. Ahaha..I think its the english culture to never say its ugly or gross or something. You can tell I'm still in an amazing mood cuz the food and people here are awesome!I think I am putting on weight cuz there are always munchy salads, sandwiches, bagels, muffins, cakes, chocolate and soups to fill my greedy tummy..
It's no longer surprising that I am equally busy today!!!First, I popped into London College of Fashion, the exterior of the building looks old but the interior is super modern and wait till you check out the library again! Its MASSIVEEE..and I quickly snapped pictures of inspiration for the two story boards I am working on. (They are Superheroes and Boudoir) So you can imagine me flipping through lots of cartoons, pop art, graphic illustration and lots of nudity artistic photos..
With my mind at the sample sale at 11.30am..I timed myself to leave the library around 11 so that I can do a skip down the street back to the office in time. After pressing 6th floor, I entered the canteen and gosh...by then there was a snake of queue in front of racks of clothings. I geared myself up for some shopping action and in the end..I happily stroll away with a smirk on my face! With just 15 pounds, I got 5 dresses! Incredible isnt it?(I can sensed you guys throwing daggers at me already.heee)
I went back to the design department and with skin so thick I asked Katie(designer of Casual trousers) if I can sit in her meeting with Caroline(buyer of Casual Trousers). They so generously agreed and I learnt so much from just hearing their conversation. The discussion was so thorough and interesting as they sprinkled unique ideas into each story boards. I asked a few questions here and there and by now my journal is already half filled up with lots of interviews I have done with everyone I met in Topshop..
Suddenly, Katie and Caroline got out of their seats and told me to follow them. We went to the floor where all the heads of department are. Karyn Fenn, the Director of Topshop was leaving and everyone in Topshop was gathered there to give her a farewell gift. Mary Homer, who will be taking over her position gave a speech and shy Karyn said her love and gratification to everyone. They gave her a branded lamp and the biggest bouquet of flowers I have ever seen in my life!
When everyone was gone, I popped up to the directors and unshamely asked for a picture with them! After my PRET lunchie, I was back in the office and by then I became a mini reporter..popping by each designer and asking them lots of questions! I have to really be initiative to ask because they do not go around talking to you..so imagine my surprise when I spoke to the designer of Kate Moss for Topshop line. Thick-skinned me asked her if I can sit in one of the fitting session with Kate Moss next week..and guess what, she said YES! But she needs to check with Katie England, Kate Moss's personal stylist and advisor of the line if I could pop by. I AM SO CROSSING MY FINGERS!!!and what really brought a smile on my face is the comp report I did with Claudia for the buying team. Every week, they will compile the reports by all BAAs into a research pack to be distributed in all departments. Imagine my surprise when people asked if I was priscilla who did that great report!Its really motivating!
And now in my cosy but messy hotel room,(the hotel staffs are super tidy so I feel bad everyday they come into my room, its one big mess!) I am finalising my plans for the weekend! The girls in Topshop recommended me some great places to visit..so off i will go to the flea markets, vintage shops, musuems and also a musical to catch! In the meantime, I hope all of you are having a whale of your time and cheers to a fantastic weekend ahead!

2 comments:
Hi dear..
I miss uuuu!!!!! Oh goodness la, I didn know tt u updated so much until becks told me to check out ur daily entries. Im not exactly a computer person u know...Haha..
XD
Only happy tt u hvin a whale of time there. The food u eat is so fabulicious lah!!! Making me drool...Aiyo!!! Take lotsa care babe. Papa's w u!
I hope u rec my smses!!!!
Dear Elaine!!!
Thanks so much for ur prayers and love! Receiving ur sms early in the morning is the best weekend gift ever!
Am quite nervous now with the italy trip becuz last min chels cant meet me when I arrive..so i tink its quite scary! Thank you so much for always keeping me in prayers!U take lots of care too and haf a lovely weekend!
Post a Comment