Yeah!That's the spirit that is motivating me right now.I want to pick myself up,be on the run and reach the end!I am a girl with dreams!(Imagine..priscy with lots of bubbles on her head!)Wahaha..u got the picture ya?So what are my dreams and goals for this New Year?
1.Having a deeper relationship with God.How?
- To always be in prayer by setting aside a specific time so that I will not have excuses that I have no time.Maybe before I sleep rather than in the morning when I am always groggy.That also means lesser time chatting online at night too.
- To pray the rosary because it has a calming effect on me.
- Reading the Word of God daily,not just online but also flipping the bible and understanding it.
- Going confession regularly with courage.
- Be more involved,commited and responsible for my role in cell and church.
- Getting inputs from sessions,retreats and through books,cds,podcasts or music.
- And keeping still and having quality quiet time for myself and God.
2. Spending more time with Family.How?
- To set aside time once a week or twice to have dinner or even walks with them.
- To wake up earlier so that I can have more time to read the newspaper and eat a hearty breakfast while chatting leisurely with my grandma.
- To plan a family gathering once every three or four months,be it bbq gathering,sightseeing,short holiday trips or even just steamboat at someone's house.
- Listening with love, Understanding with care and being accomodating to situations.
- Slow to anger and raising of voices.
3. Self Improvement
- Picking up my piano again!Have already made plans to shift the piano to my house and checked out on the teacher.Will kick start this plan once I am back from my Europe trip.
- Learning sign language.Always wanted to,because I am just interested and I have the journal just that I might need a friend or family to do this with me.So that there is practice and interaction.Ha!
-Taking up another degree.That is already in talks when I go to Uk when I meet the school and lecturer in charge.Crossing my fingers now that I can get into the school and the scholarship works out well too.
- Spring cleaning my room.Gosh its still in a really bad shape.I need to set up a timetable to discipline myself.I tend to toss and fling my stuff all over the place.Or mayb I can get more compartments to store my things.
- More reading, and reading and reading!
4. Loving Myself
- To stop comparing myself with others.Every one is beautiful!God is our creator so we are naturally born creative already!Yeah!
- To believe I am unique and special in the eyes of GOD and my loved ones.
- To smile with joy everyday I wake up,to sing praises for the happy and sad moments.
- Dolling myself up not for others but for the little birds,insects and our natural loving GOD...
- Eating moderately and to start exercising for a healthier new me!
- But also to pamper myself with ROYCE chocos,Yami yogurt,mud ooze and gummy bears once in a while**...hee and occasionally shopping spree..massages..facials..ahaha..
5. Career Advancement
- Pursue my dream to be a part-time art teacher. Be it trying to wring all my contacts or just taking time to call every possible connection from the papers..
- Pursue my dream to set up my own fashion blog-hopefully it will be as successful as Style Bubble,FashionisSpinach or even Etsy..wahha big dreams but everything starts from baby steps. It will be an arena where I can share my two cents worth in all things fashiony..and maybe even sell some stuff I create.
- Contributing double of what I am currently doing,challenging myself to add value in my company. Be it working extra for sales, taking time to do more research on garments, Drafting with patience and enthusiasm, and really to just stop comparing about the salary,hours,workload and blah blah excuses I always whine about.
- Just going for my work without thinking its work but rather because its fun!(Actually that has been my mentality and it helps alot when I work in such a cool and cosy environment!)
After typing all these, I can feel the excitement in my veins!Hee..and what an incredible way to start the new year at work was receiving news that I am going on a buying trip with my bosses to HONGKONG two weeks after I returned from Europe. Really am so blessed to receive so much. And now,my room is packed with bags of winter clothings all waiting to be chucked into my luggage. I am already on the move and I am loving it!(wahhaa..sounds really cheesy but our God is an awesome GOD!!)

No comments:
Post a Comment