
Have you ever come across people who can just sweep you off their feet and totally convince you of something you do not wish to believe. Well I just became the victim of an extremely smooth sweet talking sales girl.
She looks ordinary, dresses plainly but she echoes a loud and striking voice. The way she manoeuver her body and the way her eyes blinks in such enthusiasm really impressed me. Once again, I went to the friendly neighbourhood store to get my skin care products. Having been alittle tired of the brand I always use, I decided to ask her if she has any recommendation.
Immediately, I could see a spring in her feet as she hurried to promote a korean skin care product I have NEVER heard of. You saw how I emphasis never ya..And I being the skeptical singaporean said "nono..I want got brand one!"
Then she went on to psycho me into believing that I pay so much more for a branded product because of the advertisement and packaging. She say how I am so young, I need to use hydrating products so I wont get fine lines and so on. When I heard her elaborate on the different skin issues I might be facing, I was quite taken aback at how accurate she was. She just looked at my (make-up) face and she can see what are my problems. Wah! Very impressed but I still gave that apprehensive look.
Why? Because a few months ago, I was at the same shop buying moisturizer and another lady recommended me some unknown brand and I so regret buying it because in the end my face looks oily and I need to go for more frequent facials to remove the oil seeds around!!Ah...so when this lady I met today started saying how great,awesome,wonderful the product might be..I refused to bulge into her incessant persuading..So did I buy the product in the end?
Yes I sadly did. Sigh. I know I am giving myself excuses again of how its really quite reasonably priced, no harm trying new things, its quite true the problems she stated and lastly because she say she can guarantee i will look more stunning then using SkII products(which I have used for quite awhile..she even said its a brand for older ladies).wahaha..I do not know if I am conned. But I am going to cross my fingers and trust it will work!
This brought me to reflect..that actually sales people make the best evangelist! They really believe in their products and they want to share the good news to everyone! Because not only will they earn a living, get comission but they make people happy too with their purchases! So yes! I really need to learn from the sales lady..she is called Penny by the way!Hee..For her zeal and energy towards what she believes in, I want to have the same trust and spread God's great love to people around me and people I will be meeting!
But I also received bad news that the travelling allowances is reduced to half the amount promised. Sheesh..was so looking forward to the sales and shopping over in Uk. But I guess after I saw how much it costs for me to stay in the hotel they booked..I don't feel so lousy..Cuz its a whopping $4839 for two weeks, not forgetting my air tickets and the travel allowance they need to fork out. So yea..I want to be grateful and be thankful for this opportunity of a lifetime given to me by our generous Daddy God!

No comments:
Post a Comment