Sunday, January 27, 2008
Never alone
Ever since I came to london a week ago, I have been running about, looking and breathing in London like a sponge. And to be honest, I have neglected my time with Daddy God. I often say a short prayer for the sake of saying and then I even missed last week mass because I was very distracted by the stretch of shopping in front of my hotel.
So as days passes, I slowly lost sight of myself and began to shop like mad and everything on my mind was just so occupied with Fashion, fashion and more fashion. But despite all these, I thanked God for every step I take. Really. If not for God's protection I do not know how I can survive there alone.
It can get really lonely and sad in a cold weather and having no choice but to eat all your meals alone. As you walk along the streets, musuem..everyone is either in pairs or in a group. Their giggles, smiles and joy radiating through their cheeks! But I also realized that this experience got me stronger in faith, braver and more independent! I had to rely on God to guide my ways but I also need to do my homework to research on the places.
So there was no excuses to slack but to constantly be aware and alert of my surroundings! And being alone, people tend to not find you so intimidating and would easily chat with you. I made many new friends while I am here. Its a miracle when I see the many different faces, races all over the world and I know they are all so loved by GOD.
During mass at St Patrick's church yesterday, I knew I needed a touch from Daddy God. Before mass started at 6, I knelt down on my knees and prayed. As I prayed, I sang quietly to myself and soon I was in a pool of tears. I heard God saying, "I am never alone and He is always with me in every step I take".
I do not know how to describe that feeling. Its like even if I think I am alone, God is always willing to sing a lullaby to me when I sleep, or cheer with me as I marvel at a new art work or even accompany me as I shop. Just then, I saw a chinese girl walking up to many people and asking if they can speak in english to do the first reading.
All of them rejected her.Suddenly, I wished she asked me but she never did. The desire to say the reading got stronger and I prayed to have a chance. Just then, the girl walked closer to me and asked me. I agreed without even a blink in my eye.
Gosh!Then my mind started to panic! Its insane priscilla!!!You have never spoken the first reading and the responsial psalm in church before and now at your first mass in London you are doing that!AHHHHHHHHH!I calmed myself down and told God.."let my mouth be an instrument to speak your words" and very soon I spoke with great calmness and got a comforting nudge on my shoulder by the girl as she thanked me for helping her.
God really grants the desire of your heart! He did it for me in many many ways. He blessed me with places I was so hoping to go and the wonderful people and food that has filled me. As I start my last minute preparation for my trip to Italy, I know I am never alone for our dear Daddy God is never far from my sight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment