Really hectic..I have never walk so much in a day before and in speedy speed somemore! I followed Claudia today through her schedule. She had to arrange three stacks of clothings for the meetings and I came in slightly late today because I was dumbfounded by the cute boy at the bagel store.
Munching my delicious buttery onion bagel and sipping hot mocha, I looked through today's work, piles of magazine, helped Claudia run some errands and soon was out in Oxford street to do comp report. What is that you might ask? Its a market survey Topshop BAAs have to do every week. They drop into the labels that are of similar target market and pick out detail, design and go into the fitting room to take pictures and scribble notes.
Its basically like copying but hey every other label does that! Its was quite challenging and scary cuz some changing rooms have creaky doors so we tried out best to do it as discreetly as possible. After that, I went down to Primark again to exchange my knickers which I bought at the wrong size. But i cant, even though I have never worn it.
While back in the office, I interviewed Susan field the assistant merchandiser and she was really gracious to answer all my questions and taught me many insights to her job. Soon, I had to compile all the pictures me and Claudia took and file them up as a sketch book for the assistant buyer to have a look. As there was lack of space, I went to the design team and met tall Tara who was super kind.
She lent me a cutting board and all stationary and I started working on it with all my heart. Once I am done, I was whisked off with Emma to the printing workshop on level 3. Gosh, they have a massively big printing workshop where one can zap, bind, print poster and so much more.
Once I returned back to my temporary desk, guess who I saw? Sir Philip Green!!!!He is the king of the high street market. He owns Arcadia Group which houses Topshop, Topman, Dorthory Perkins, Miss Selfriges, Warehouse, Wallis and Evan. And of all people, he smiled at me!ahahaha..
Guess you will never know who you might meet ya? O ya, I met keria knightly on the street too..and I heard Kate Moss pops in the office quite often..so I am really crossing my fingers!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment