My munchy swiss meatball lunchiee I grabbed
Mondona explaining to me the different choices she is going through for this new pants
"Hello, Topshop Tailoring, Hello Topshop Design, Hello Topshop Press, Hello Topshop Technical.."Constantly throughout the day, the phone calls never stop ringing!! It got worse when I had a half day at the press department!!
Every other second, the phone rings!!!And within that few hours I was there, I became a stacker and divider! The press assistant Lousia told me to highlight all the magazines or newspaper listings of any Topshop items, katemoss for Topshop, Unique, Philip green, designer collaborations, Acardia news and later on divide them into months and categories!
It's super insane cuz there are more than 200 over features on Topshop every single month and the whole press office is packed with magazines and newspaper from ALL over the WORLD! Madness!!My eyes went alittle blind after flipping through the pages at bullet train speed. The worse came when we had to file them by months and categories! Cuz its quite hard to spot the months on a magazine page if you do know what I mean..
And amidst the busyness, imagine the horror of answering calls, running around to find out the prices, the dates blah blah! I really take my hats of everyone in Topshop. You have to be a multi-tasker to survive the pressing deadlines and demands! Lousia can be talking on the phone, replying her email, filling the documents and arranging another meeting with her collegue all at the same time! Super impressive!
But earlier in the day, It was my last day with the buying team and its really cool to attend a fit session with all of them. In the fit session, there are a few crucial members! The assistant buyer, the assistant buyer associate, the supplier, the technical assistant and the perfect size 10 model of course! Together, they try out all the upcoming new designs, or designs which went for ammendments and discuss what to eliminate or add on to make it a winning design! Really learnt alot from the things they talked about, the changes they made and the colour comments they voiced out! And that session lasted for 2 and a half hours!
Let me get back to an exciting news I heard! Kate Moss is just in a room beside the press room and its crazy seriously to be in the same floor as the legendery top model! O yes, and Keira knightly was shopping in Topshop and her manager called to ask for more discounts! All celebrities and media associates gets 40% off and guess what..all celebrities get a special engraved mirror in a gold pouch as their discount identification!Unfair isn't it!!
Before my day ended..I was stopped by a lady who said.."You got a gorgeous dress, can I take a picture pls??" Er..I unshamely told her its a replica of Marc Jacobs dress and she hurried to grab a camera and with a click she shot me..ahaha....and I told her I'll see her tml when I join the design team..What a great way to know someone new!

No comments:
Post a Comment