I have yet to book my hotel stays,train rides and some places of interest in Italy. What is making me very kan-jiong is getting tickets for:
1. Church of Santa Maria delle Grazia- Milan
It houses one of the world's most celebrated work, The Last Supper by Leonardo Da Vinci. I have been logging on to the webiste to check if there is any avaliable slots for bookings but to my dismay, all the way from jan to march its already fully booked!Not Great!!!:(
2. Attending a Papal Audience-Rome
To attend a short service performed by the pope in the Vatican's large Paolo IV Hall where he holds a public audience on wednesday. Audience tickets are free but I need to get them in advance either on a mon or tues.
3. To stay in a hostel
Er..to those who know me..I have never been the super sporty girl. So this time in order to save more money,I have to stay in a hostel. It means living in a supposedly i assume cramp room with six other girls or more? What if some of them are weird or creepy? But the other benefit is, since they are all travellers, I might be able to make more friends and travel with one or two?(crossing my fingers on that.)
4. Train Rides
Because I will be travelling from a city to another, I need to sort out the timings of departure and arrival to minimise any time loss. What is making me worried is not being able to find my destinated budget hotel/hostel. And the whole world is telling me to look confident even when I am not. How do you do that?
And I have started to look at the mirror to see which angle I look fierce, un approachable and confident looking. I even attempted to try on glasses, match my outfit so that I look er not so lost? I know it sounds super silly, but hey at least I am preparing myself.
5. Pickpockets
Yeah..everyone is telling me robbery is a super normal thing in Italy. So instead of crying over split milk if I ever so suay kana robbed, I need to be positive and think what I can do next. It means planning strategic locations to store my valuables.
6. Weather
It is going to be freezing cold. And I am not a warm blooded girl so I am naturally worried. Yet I dont wish to bring so many clothes and cross the baggage weight. So I am thinking of getting teas, heat packs, or wateva insulator to warm me up with.
Last but not least, to stop sulking and worrying. I need to really get my positive genes moving and really rely on God for strength,directions and wisdom. There is no turning back and now I have to just keep on going. Join me in prayers please and thank you all of you who have shouted a cheer, gave a hug of encouragement and a spirit of confidence to me!It's really helpful!:)
(Honestly, I cannot wait to blog my happenings of my trip and I have confidence the Holy spirit will guide my ways..even if I get lost..Hee)
Oh ya..I missed something out. Does anyone have a travel adaptor for Uk and Italy?Please lend me:)
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment