Everything seems to be drawing nearer. And I am still quite unprepared. Before I go on about my trip coming really soon,let me share about what happened at our 1st cell meeting on Sat!Under my swaying umbrella on a wet wet saturday..I quickened my pace and made my way to Cana. I was supposed to feel nervous but surprisingly,the weather did not dampen my spirit and I was singing happily along to.."Our God is an awesome God,he reigns.."
After sprinkling hi to everyone,the worship ended and it was time.
It was my first time giving a session,together with emma.
We met on thursday for discussion and boy was it really fun.Emma came so well equipped with notes and after prayer,we both started to brainstorm for new ideas to spice up our session.And the first word that came to our mind was INTERACTION!Hee..I started to doddle drawings of how we can do this,that and all. And within an hour or so,we concluded with exciting new ideas and was so looking forward to our session.
Forward to the scene at Cana,although I had no choice but to arrive slightly late,I was relieved Emma printed out a summary of our discussion and off we started with a mini skit of how most of us do not rely on the Word of God in all times. Emma rounded off the first part of the session with how we can change our attitude, improvising on a system to help us get on track with the bible,being involved and having confidence that the bible is God's voice.
Next we distributed cards naming.."I am busy,I am tired,I am worried..etc" to reflect on the excuses we often come up with and BIG GIGANTIC bible verses on banners to counter each distractions!Let me give you an example: I AM TIRED---Mathew 11:28-30 "Come to me,all you who are weary and burdened,and I will give you rest."
Ha I observed at this point,everyone had loosened up and was having fun laughing at silly me acting out the different emotions.I also shared a little testimony of my own experiences with getting more in sync with reading the bible(that can be found in my earlier post on Word of God in Sep 07'). And of course we ended with group sharing and intecessory prayers for our partners!I really thank all the leaders in Cell for giving me a chance to be involved and be part of a family that supports and watch me grow.And for the cheers,pats and hugs of affirmation after the session!I had my first and I cannot wait for more chances to give sessions again!
Alright now to the itsy bitsy nervousness I am feeling right now.I have asked sooo many people about Italy and YESH!My flight has been confirmed!I am flying off earlier than I expected.On the 19th of Feb to London first then Milan!And I have chose to travel to Italy for a mini holiday for 10 odd days. I am now preparing,brainstorming and researching on every little information about the cities I want to visit.
Milan,Rome,Vatican City,Florence,Venice...gosh the thought of me going there is so surreal.I am not abit worried about my 2 wks stay in UK cuz I have been there before and Cmon,everything is in english!Its the Italian cities,language,people,customs I am more concerned right now. And of course the extreme high robbery cases I have heard or big mafia gangs who might surround and follow you around..arhghg....
Sheesh,its exciting on one hand but quite intimidating on the other.But yeah..I have decided I will just go with the flow and pray in tongues where ever I land!Seeking for everyone's prayers and more prayers!Know it wont be easy but hey..priscy will be a brave girl and I believe God will bless my every step!Amen!

No comments:
Post a Comment