Lazy 7th (sun)day!
They just walked on the main street of Oxford circus...and I could see the annoyed faces of the bus drivers..ahaa..
The new Spitafield's Market
They look too good to be eaten!
The guy who sells these looked very scary..terrorist vibes..ops..don't mean to sterotype.
Brick Lane sunday market
I love this stall..its a guy who does all these chained up necklaces! I love the crucifixes and antique clock range..but they are a whopping 45 pounds..sobss..I can only admire then..
Yeah finally its a sunny day!
At the S&M cafe..(sausage and mash!)Its authentic chippy!!weeh!
Perfect combination: Greens, Comfort food and Wine!
Went giddy after touching and trying all the designer collections!
A dress made entirely of butterflies!
I just had to go there for the window display!
Dreamy and fairy-ish!I like...
My weekend ended with a peaceful sunset..Awww..
Next, I headed down to the bus stop and took bus 23 to Spitafields market near Liverpool station. I was a sleepyhead but there was this man who volunteered to show me which stop I should alight and he kept on talking and talking. AH!!Sometimes..silence is the best medicine! So I silently entertained his boredom with great agony! He shouted me to alight now and I got down the bus as fast as I could! Super drama ya?
As I have been walking and walking for days now, its no wonder I walk like a tortoise! That is the benefit of travelling alone i guess. Own time, own target..ha! Behind an avant-garde looking glass building was the market. And i found out I was actually early. Many stalls were in the midst of preparing for their opening. So I strolled around the town and saw the sausage and mash cafe the Topshop girls hyped about. I went in but there were not serving it until noon time. So I popped into the coffee cafe beside it and gosh..I tasted the best mocha I ever drank in my life.
The taste is special. Its creamy when it touches your lips then it gets richer in flavour after a few licks and it melts in your throat once you drink it. Heavenly drink really and I wanted another cup but decided to save my stomach for a heavy lunch! This trip to Spitafield Market wins my thumbs up! Although the new spitafields market was quite commerical..the trip to the old market and brick lane was very very inspirational!
There were stalls selling fresh oysters, unique handcrafts and lots of vintage stuff! All the vintage shops around the area was just like how books describe them. There were vintage chanel bags, yves saint laurent shoes, hermes belts...but they all cost a bomb so I could only touch and go. The riot of colours there brightened my mood but I was quite tired to look through the racks and racks and piles of dresses, hats, gloves, shoes, bags.. for my mind was just thinking about my lunch later..hee.
With a turn to my left and right, there was always a new surprise of a mini market, craft stall, vintage outlet or the stretch of day market down brick lane. I got picked up more than I can count with my fingers but I was disgusted seriously. AH gross..I kept that stern, unapproachable face to fend away all weirdos! The place was quite run down, lots of drunkards, broken beer bottles and dried vomits. Its very unsightly but it does not seem to stop the train of people who gathered there for the market.
Finally after braving the squeezy crowd and a mind filled with creative ideas I collated, I made my way to the S&M cafe. (Evelyn and Suzanne..I ate your share on your behalf!)Let me now describe the taste to you..hee! With a mouthful bite onto the sausage..the juicy taste of meat flooded my mind and a rush of joy exploded in my mouth as I mixed it with spicy wholegrain mustard. What a brilliant mix! And I scooped a mouthful of mash so rich and thick and with a sip of red wine..I was in heaven!
I stayed quite long in the cafe just savouring the many glasses of wine I ordered. Its the most expensive meal I ever had so far..ahaha..and just people watching. By then, I admit I got abit tipsy and was contemplating if I should go back to my hotel or head down to Harrods and Harvey Nichols. I did in the end and went sober after gasping in awe at all the designers collection on the 2nd floor of Harrods.
The touch of velvety satin caresses past my fingers and a sprinkle of diamonds sparkled on my right as I admired the evening dress of Versace. I looked through most of the designers outfit in detail and was really just so in awe. I totally understand why they cost soo soo soo much. The materials, techniques, cut, shape, drape was just designery man!Oh ya the perks of looking japansese is that everyone in Harrods treated me as though I was super rich..wahaha..ya right:(
Soon, I got tired and bought myself krispy kreme original and savour it as I popped down the street to Harvey Nichols..but by then my legs were really going to break anytime. So I hopped onto the bus and off I went walking back to my hotel with a beautiful sunset setting behind my back!

2 comments:
Ahhhhh the bangers and mash cafe i was trying to find for you online was S&M! It's marvellicious, rite? And I lurved the old Spitalfields and Brick Lane and Columbia flower market! You look like you're having so much fun!
Ahh..wat a coincidence!!!Its fate I got to eat it...I am still thinking if I should go to south kensington to eat the crepes..super tired after a day's of work..
Hows christy and you!!U haven reply me if ure getting better?
Post a Comment