Wahoo...I finally arrived in London (heathrow airport terminal 4!) at London time 6.05 am! The flight was quite tiring..cuz there was still many things going through my brain! Ha..anyway I managed to watch two movies I always wanted to. Its the adorable Ratatouille and Harry Potter and the order of the phoniex.
Once Iarrived..I was being questioned like a criminal by the immigration officier..she asked why do I stay in a hotel when I am on an internship!Weird ya? But my first panic came when my luggage came in way too late. Almost all the angmohs on the same plane as me had already claimed their luggage..just me and three other souls at the baggage belt.
After I prayed and hoped for a miracle..my heavy luggage appeared(phew!) Once I got out of the place, I searched for the tube..cuz it will only cost 4 pounds but when I saw the long flight of stairs I had to go through, my brain dragged me to Heathrow express train station.
Its really much more expensive(15 pounds) but the journey takes 15 mins from airport to central london. Once I reached Paddington Station..it was all dark and quiet. Everyone hurried off like little ants to their nests while I searched for which tube station to take to my hotel.
I boarded the Bakerloo line to Oxford Circus station! Ah..transferring from these stations cost me more sweat than ever! Imagine my horror when I had to lug my luggage up those 50 flights of stairs! Super tiring and draining! And guess what, once I got onto the street.. TOPSHOP Flagship building giants rights in front me.
What a great way to remind myself I am here for the internship! And soon it started to drizzle alittle and the weather is stil dreary..i miss the sunshine in singapore! I managed to find my hotel which is quite a short distance from the tube station. Now, as I finish this first post of my UK adventure...I will leave you the pics of my hotel room..the scenery and thank you all of you who came down to send me off! Really helped me alot in building courage!
Please continue to keep me in prayers!(Elaine..thanks for the goodie bag and I will do the little task you asked for without a doubt!)
And now I am off to attend mass in a catholic church I found behind my hotel before I go crazy shopping at H&M,primark..and the whole of Oxford Street!

No comments:
Post a Comment