At Topshop,Oxford Circus..
All BAAs waiting to present their new items for the 'best and worst meeting".
The dress department
The jersey department
All the shoe samples
Claudia at work..looking through the sales record of the week
Picking out items for tml's meeting for the buyers..
Teaching Tsy to plan and sort out the different bottoms..
And me gulping down delicious pepper chicken soup!Its really good!
Click clark click clark...my tall high boots paraded down oxford street bright and early today. Had a really bad night as I woke up really early at 3am(11am singapore time) and was just stoning away at my laptop.
But I went back to sleep and had a werid dream and woke up panicking about the first day at Topshop. After dolling up, I went down the street and searched high and low for the headquarters at 70 Berners street. And after about 20 mins of searching, I found it!Boy was there a long queue of super fashionable women waiting for the lift.
I registered myself and was swifted off to the reception on the 4th floor.There I was greeted by Claudia(BAA= Buyer Administer Assistant), she was really friendly and soon I got to meet everyone in the team of Topshop. From design,merchanising,buying, internet sales, admin,graphics..most of the girls there look soooo stylish! I think they can pass off as models so easily!
With eyelashes so long, high cheekbones and tall slim silouette, they sashayed down the office floor with such poise. And seriously, the place is massively big! Each department has around 10-20 people. For all the labels in Topshop, you have a team(eg..petite,tall,maternity,skiwear,katemoss,trousers,jackets,jersey,swimwear..and much more..)
I asked 101 questions and Claudia patiently explained every detail. Next, we had to attend the "best and worst sellers meeting." Each team sends out 3-4 staff to report to the head management. It was really the meeting for the week! Out their mouths came out sales figure, customer feedback, new reactions, target sales, units and charges and many more which I was simply clueless. All I did was just observe how they speak, dress and present.
Claudia did not attend that meeting with me because she is only an assistant, instead I went with mondana the assistant buyer. But after that meeting, all BAA have to present what their assistant buyer said in their own meeting for training. I really think working in Topshop brings so much growth in one person. You really are super hands on in everything you do. I followed Claudia as she met supplier, deliver the post, run to the store, do sales figure, collate new samples. Basically, she is a wonderwoman man!
And she loves the job so much! I asked her if she ever felt tired runing about SOOO much but she say she got the job many would die to have. There are many interesting facts she told me about Topshop but its way too much to write it all out here..What I love most is Arcadia Office Canteen. I ate a tasteless pasta there but I am so going to buy gummy sweets at the incredibly big selection of gummy store in the canteen!wahhaa...
Now I am back in the hotel after a whole day of running..and I just had a hearty pepper chicken soup, chips and some grapes! Am so going to rest early tonight cuz I can forsee my remaining days in Topshop is going to be extremely hectic!!Oh ya..I feel super fashiony when I am here in London, every angle I turn is a gorgeous window display, a touch of fashion detail and even Fashion Tv channel in my hotel room!
But I went back to sleep and had a werid dream and woke up panicking about the first day at Topshop. After dolling up, I went down the street and searched high and low for the headquarters at 70 Berners street. And after about 20 mins of searching, I found it!Boy was there a long queue of super fashionable women waiting for the lift.
I registered myself and was swifted off to the reception on the 4th floor.There I was greeted by Claudia(BAA= Buyer Administer Assistant), she was really friendly and soon I got to meet everyone in the team of Topshop. From design,merchanising,buying, internet sales, admin,graphics..most of the girls there look soooo stylish! I think they can pass off as models so easily!
With eyelashes so long, high cheekbones and tall slim silouette, they sashayed down the office floor with such poise. And seriously, the place is massively big! Each department has around 10-20 people. For all the labels in Topshop, you have a team(eg..petite,tall,maternity,skiwear,katemoss,trousers,jackets,jersey,swimwear..and much more..)
I asked 101 questions and Claudia patiently explained every detail. Next, we had to attend the "best and worst sellers meeting." Each team sends out 3-4 staff to report to the head management. It was really the meeting for the week! Out their mouths came out sales figure, customer feedback, new reactions, target sales, units and charges and many more which I was simply clueless. All I did was just observe how they speak, dress and present.
Claudia did not attend that meeting with me because she is only an assistant, instead I went with mondana the assistant buyer. But after that meeting, all BAA have to present what their assistant buyer said in their own meeting for training. I really think working in Topshop brings so much growth in one person. You really are super hands on in everything you do. I followed Claudia as she met supplier, deliver the post, run to the store, do sales figure, collate new samples. Basically, she is a wonderwoman man!
And she loves the job so much! I asked her if she ever felt tired runing about SOOO much but she say she got the job many would die to have. There are many interesting facts she told me about Topshop but its way too much to write it all out here..What I love most is Arcadia Office Canteen. I ate a tasteless pasta there but I am so going to buy gummy sweets at the incredibly big selection of gummy store in the canteen!wahhaa...
Now I am back in the hotel after a whole day of running..and I just had a hearty pepper chicken soup, chips and some grapes! Am so going to rest early tonight cuz I can forsee my remaining days in Topshop is going to be extremely hectic!!Oh ya..I feel super fashiony when I am here in London, every angle I turn is a gorgeous window display, a touch of fashion detail and even Fashion Tv channel in my hotel room!

No comments:
Post a Comment