Sunday, July 29, 2007

My take on Prayers


Amazingly, through the grace of GOD..I gained strength and courage.
In those months before I found my current job.
I was resting at home.
I read everything I could find out abt GOD.
I participated in cell sharings and outings.
I went for daily mass.
Yet I had struggles with prayers.

To me, Prayers seemed like a chore. Why must I do it everyday?Is it very important?As if my prayers can help someone.?

One night as I was driving home, I suddenly heard a voice telling me to send out an email to everyone i know and ask if they need prayer intentions.

I did it..(since i was really free) and was quite apprenhensive how people will response to it.But God works in amazing ways.. People responded. People need prayers. People want prayers.
And its this very call to pray for people that changed my prayer life.
I began to pray for everyone i know, their prayer intentions and GOD worked.
He brought me friends whom I have not seen for ages, he answered their very needs and wants.
And the most beautiful part is my relationship with MOTHER MARY:)

Before i became a catholic, i knew mary as the mother of jesus. full stop.
During JYC in bbk, i spoke to her for the first time. It's weird cuz i keep saying..mother mary, pray for my family..jesus..ops..sorry mother mary..pray for my friends..lord..ops mother mary pray for my health..
Ha..its funny how it sounds..but its true I never spoke to her before!!
But today, Mother mary holds such a special place in my heart.
her gentleness and sacrifices and complete trust in GOD helps me in this tough journey in faith.

Another person I have to mention is Saint Faustina.
As all of u saw how i signed off in my first post, My baptism and confirmation name is faustina.
How great a difference SHE will make in my life.
She saw, heard JESUS all the time.
And I believe she is now blessing me with the gifts of visions and voices from GOD.
(more on that in later posts:)

No comments: