As I was driving home tonight, I was feeling really sleepy and tired. My vision of the road ahead was very blur and I felt like I was floating. The acceleration meter went higher and higher as there were no other cars on the road. Just then, as my vision came into senses, I realized a huge coach was just right ahead of me.
Sheesh, I braked with anxiety. I finally woke up but soon as the roads cleared, my eye lids went droopy again. And this time, I saw a car ahead. Suddenly, I remembered a story of a couple who dated for a long time but just before they got hitched, the girl got into an accident and was half body paralyzed. Yet her man stood by her and married her and is still taking good care of her up till today.
Why am I saying this? Because I wondered what if I lost control of the car, what if I got into an accident? What will happen? Amazingly, I received a revelation of me not cherishing the life I have when I have such thoughts. I often nagged or whined about how fat, ugly, chunky, bloated and useless I am. And these thoughts are as deadly as thoughts of suicidal.
Time to cherish this precious Life God has given me. To cherish every bit of my body and being. To cherish every single day and seconds of my journey. And most importantly, to cherish everyone around me and the loving God I have.


No comments:
Post a Comment