
Never have I seen anyone looking so fresh and beautiful after a flight!
On our journey to the Villa, we saw many interesting shops dotted along the bumpy road ride
I especially like these little pushcart that sells food..and I remember Nelly, my fashion intern telling me never to eat anything from them, some meat balls are actually rat meat!Shrieks!
After a rough ride, we were all really mesmerized by the beauty and tranquility of the surroundngs!Lots of rice padi fields
And this super narrow road that brings us to our villa that really blew our minds away!
Our grand entrance brought us into this villa with marbled floor, surrounding us were heaps of rice padi and in just a few minutes away was the sea! We were served orange cocktail when we arrived and honestly our jaws dropped
Down the stairs..to the living room, I was still sinking in the reality that I am really here!
I think my photos can never justify how awesome this villa is! You have to be there to witness the grandeur of it!
The rooms are huge!!! ahh...even looking at these pictures again make me go WAHHHHH...
And that is what I called a fine living room!
We also had a cook, cleaners, drivers all on standby!Madness isnt it!
I love how the sun sets and casts such a cosy shadow near the dining area!

All of our rooms are always made up so clean and comfy! And by evening, they will let down the bed curtains to keep away insects!
The view outside my room!
The stairways up the balcony!

It was non stop picture taking and sea viewing for everyone there!
The first night ended with a lovely surprise from Anit Aunty..she bought me a vintage french lace top with dainty ribbons and trimmings!!Thank u V Much:
Without much expectations we arrived at Bali around 3 in the afternoon, the day was cool and with just a slight delay in the flight, we were welcomed to Bali by our Villa driver! Hopping onto the 4 wheel drive, I think my heart was already pumping fast with excitement of what lies ahead! The first joke of the day was Ro asking the driver how long it will take to reach our Villa, and everytime he ask any questions..the driver will reply 30 minutes when in actual fact, it takes us more than 45 minutes!
After a bumpy ride up and down the rice padi and rocky roads, we were enchanted by the little shops dotted all around the streets. I was very fascinated by the narrow little lanes to which I was very sure lived many balinese folks! I especially love those little roadside stalls selling food! I bet they are dirt cheap and really dirty!Ha..
And of course who can forget those massive buddha figurines..tapestry artwork..basketweave bags..mats..and huge stone/wood sculptures! By the time we were bored with the same old shops, it was just greenery after greenery! Boy was it gorgeous! I felt like I entered some farm land..just that the ride was really uncomfortable!
Finally, the driver manoeuvred our car into a muddy tight lane and that's it, we have reached our destination! Initially, all of us gave looks of apprehension but upon stepping into the villa, we were so awed by its beauty, we were all tongue tied! And everyone welcomed us with such great smiles, I was in heaven! Even as I typed this, I can still recall how wonderful the place was!!
We settled down and did a tour around the house and soon we were all ready to leave for the beach that was down the villa! The girls took the mini bus of course and the guys walked! Alas, after say 10 minutes, we arrived at a black beach! The sand was really black and there were lots of people playing, swimming and just chilling by the cool waves and breezy windbreeze!
Of course, the phototaking craze started and as the sky darkens, we headed back to the villa just in time to hop on the mini bus and headed downtown for a sumptuous dinner! The road journey was really long and I doubt there are any expressway in Bali! They whizzed in and out little lanes and to my amusement, they signal by buzzing their car horns!
Their T-junction or sometimes roundabout is just an altar in the middle or some unfinished digging work! Talk about cost effective man! I've never tasted such divine nasi padang in my life before and we made a short stop at the bomb memorial which took many lives away in 2001. By then, the sky started to drizzle and we took the sign to return back home.Aw....once we were home, the bath was so refreshing and before I hit my king size bed, Ro and I said a prayer to thank God for such a wonderful place, such lovely company and we were really sure tomorrow will be a better day! And indeed our prayers were answered!























No comments:
Post a Comment