Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Bali Idol 2008


After an awesome seafood dinner by the beach, we didnt sit where the tables were because the wind was blowing so strong and hard..we were worried our food might get really crunchy as the night darkens..



I just love ordering water..by calling it..AQUA!And it tasted like AQUA la..


Towards the end of dinner, a mobile live band came over and sang us some great classic tunes..



And everyone got up on their feet to boogie the night away!


And so what is this bali idol about? Even Ro's grandpa and grandma was completely clueless until they choked on their drinks when..



Everyone just started roaring with laughter..cringing their stomachs and laughing their heads and tears dropped! And still the laughter flooded the whole rice padi field we were situated at!


Because we were presented with "Auntie Stevey" aka Uncle Steve who wore a 34C bra bought at 6 bucks stuffed with his underwear and he wore such ridiculous boxers exposing the biggest ,the flattest and most dented butt ever!



And Ro decided to join in the fun and become Miss "Yolanda"..no idea why he came up with such a bizarre name.I'll ask him why soon..



He was so amused he had to join his "auntie" for some dancing moves..to ABBA songs!



The next act blew my mind away..Mandy and Megan came out with a super cool Hip hop rap song with sassy dance steps! But it was super funny because they added alot of their own personal touch into it! And we adore their effort for dressing up as Pussycat Dolls!



Their performance was a roaring success that even their shy parents..Uncle Jensen and Aunt Vivian came on stage to boogie with them!


Not forgetting Ro's grandma who was the Queen Majesty of the night..where she rewarded them with crazy things like sword..tripod..blah blah..even Ro's grandpa joined in the fun and started fanning her with his newspaper!


And that's Ro and me panicking and dashing to our rooms to get whatever props we can find for our super last minute act..while his uncle was still unsure which identity he wanted to portray yet!


And Ro and I came up with a super last minute act..as he slided across the floor and grabbed some fake flowers from the nearby pot..before I danced in !


And we just whacked the dance floor with whatever moves we have..we seriously look so hilarious!



We were so desperate we even tried some indian hand movement act which got both of us cracking so hard we just had to stop torturing everyone who were watching!


And "backstage"..we just kept posing around in all the silly props "Auntie Stevey" got in her magic bag!


The youthful babes looking totally geeky!
(Special thanks to Mandy for taking extra pictures of the villa for me!!Thanks thanks!)



And if I was the judge for the night! I will crowned Ani Aunty and her husband Uncle Peter with the Champion title! Look at their outfit...It's sooo well made..yet super hilarious..yet it fits them so well..and really you should see their dance moves! They were totally groovy!



Them in the midst of their dance!How innovative to use the tripod as their mike stand!



The night got crazier as Ro's mum, Aunt Ning dolled up into a vampy diva and she started scaring her son by smooching him!



She had to be awaken into her sense only after Ani Aunty adjusted her hairdo! (Ahaha..I am just joking Aunt Ning..if you read this..pls know I love you!)



And the three beautiful sisters aka charlie angels came on stage for their last song together!

And here we have a great last shot for Bali Idol 2008!!!(We want more..we want more...!!)


The next day, we started the day with a hearty good breakfast but little did we know..the day ended really quite tragic..

The rest of the trip..I was having hospital food..but I think the sandwiches were good! Indonesian tend to add too much salt in their food I tink..


And here was where I stayed for the rest of the trip.. Prima Medika Hospital.

Many months back after confirming our air tickets, Ro told me oneday that we will be having a Bali idol night during the trip. I just stared at him in horror and he said we will have to get costumes or even rent them for the trip. Somehow, we were so slacked we didnt prepare a thing! So we happily got that out of our heads, assuming none of them going will be preparing anything.

To our amusement, everyone came prepared! That got me and Ro freaking out but Ro continued to laugh..ok I admit I was also laughing so hard that my tears just kept tickling down my cheeks. And it was only when we realised even Ro's grandma had got a song prepared, our faces started to turn pale. We hurried back to our rooms and in less than 3 mins flat, we came out still not knowing what we were going to do.

In the end..we did our best and everyone thought we practiced beforehand.(Maybe they were all being kind!) But the program for the night was super thrilling! Our heartbeats were all pumping really hard as the first act of the night was Uncle Steve who dolled himself up as an Auntie. He paraded down the stairs and started bouncing his woobly boobs at everyone! Ro's grandpa was so freaked out he ran away from him as fast as his legs could carry him!

He danced, sang and really got everyone's spirit on high! Next, we had the two lovely sisters, Mandy and Megan who did a fantastic hip hop dance act and soon was Ani Aunty and Uncle Peter who was in full fleged costume and looking like they were really from ABBA! Gosh..I was so impressed with their costumes..it was so well made and fitted them so well yet it looked soo funny! And grandma came on stage with a crown and robe before singing her oldies!

After all our performance, Aunt Ning also donned on all the props and she was instantly transformed into a vampy diva as she sang and boogied her body to the rhythm! We were so so tired after the exciting show! I really cannot wait for the next holiday with all of them!!!!

But the next day, all the excitement took a 360 turn! Our day started with anticipation as we were preparing to go for river rafting! But on our journey there, our driver got into a car accident!

I opened my eyes and saw him crashed into a motorbike! The poor man flew out of his bike and landed on fours. I think he hurt his arm and soon the police came and we had to take shelter at a nearby fastfood chain while waiting for the next driver to come pick us up. The trip was delayed and as we were approaching the hill, it started pouring so heavily!

Oh man..our moods were so dampened as we sat in the car for more than 5 hours hungry and disappointed! Finally, we met up with the rest of the family (Only the young ones were game for the outdoor fun) and as we were having another sumptous dinner together. Ro's grandma had a asthma attack and could not even sit upright on her chair. The rest of the story in my earlier post on her road to recovery.

No comments: