Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Step by step


In this world where fast food,fast cars,express delivery and instant noodles are things we consumed most of the time,naturally we have the tendency to expect our lives to move in a fast,faster and fastest logic.

Yet God's plan for us unfolds step by step.

Following God is like climbing a mountain.If God showed us how high the mountain really is that He wants us to climb,we might be afraid to take the first step.We might argue that we are not ready,and will not be prepared to go all the way to the top.So God covers the top of the summit with a cloud,and all we can see is the steps before us.(How adorable can Daddy God be!)

That first step looks manageable,so we take it.And then we take another step,and another,and another,until one day we find ourselves at the top of the mountain without even realizing where we were headed when we began.Then we are very happy we took this journey.

Its vital to understand why God calls for faith with each step.Many times,I cant seem to hear from God why certain things are working this way,am i doing the right thing,is there a future in my career,relationships and more stuffs.But I realized its because I do not see the whole picture,so I can only cling and rely on God even more.Trusting God that whatever He is showing me today is all I need.

In God's plan for all of us,we cannot skip steps that we do not like and move on to other ones.We cannot skip the hard steps or the ones that require sacrifice.Following God's plan for our life requires investment!For the rewards is more than you can ever imagine or the world can give.

We must sacrifice self-will to have God's will,we must sacrifice our way to find His way.Let's all not be afraid of sacrifice;it will eventually sets us free to be all we desire to be.

No comments: