Monday, February 11, 2008

So near yet so far

Gosh I wish I could touch these fluffy clouds when I was high up in the Duomo in Florence.


Ah..in just a few hours time, I will be boarding my flight from Milan to London and london back to sunny, sunshine Singapore! I can shed my coats, inner sweaters and boots and kick my feet in my summery slippers and heels!

Its only just one more day before I reach Singapore and I am already thinking of what food I want to eat! I am going to attack teochew porridge with salted egg, smooth fishy and vegetables with my favourite polka green tea drink!Before I post my first blog when I return, let me give you a little peek to what I will be sharing!!

Having travelled to london and Rome alone is sooo amazing. I met so many people from all over world, saw the most beautiful sunsets and sunrises and ate the best food ever. In the midst of travelling, I got pinched on my butt on the bus, freed from any robbery, met a japanese boy whom I bumped into for 4 times in different cities and got followed by a cheeky italian man.

Truely an adventure of a lifetime! My bones and back is aching from carrying the stone on my backpack, feet and legs soring from the millions of stairs I took up to so many cupolas and duomos and overwhelmed by the culture, language, churches, scenery of all the cities I went. Wow. I am so glad I went ahead with the plan and have gained so much from this trip. And in the midst of it all, I held closely to a metal badge Ant gave me.

It says: "Do not be Afraid, I am with you always."
And, God was really really with me.Amen.

No comments: