Lately I have been on a baking craze. I get on food blogs, check out recipes after recipes and even to youtube for the process making of cheesecake, tiramisu and much much more. Experimenting with flour, dough, butter, sugar gets me really...erm what word should I use? Joyful! Yes..I get immense joy when I mix different ingredients together, follow the step by step method and tala...in a few mins time, there I have my very own creation!!
And this baking process became a lesson God wanted me to learn. On thursday, during Ascension mass, I just finished baking some brownies and a banana cake. Let's talk about that very first banana cake I made. The night before, I was completely eager to get started after getting all the ingredients! I did everything the reciepe said to do, but to my disappointment, the cake looked sad when I took it out from the oven.
Honestly, my heart sank and the very next morning, my mum asked me if I used the right amount, the same beating pattern and blah blah. I gave her an empty look and I knew then why it all went wrong. I was too anxious to see the end product that I rushed through my steps, without savouring every moment of it. I hurried with the pouring, mixing and in the end, the dough was not mixed well and therefore my cake ended up being choppy and I threw the cake away because I was ashamed of it.
Fast forward to mass, as I was praying, I saw the beating machine twirling the dough. And God showed me that the reason why I am feeling ashamed of the cake and my past is because of the inconsistent rummage of all that has happened to me. Like how the world moves, I want everything in fast food speed and in turn forget to slow down, appreciate and wait upon the best time for things to slowly unfold.
Guess what, I tried baking the cake again and this time, it turned out much better for my second attempt and remembering what God told me, Patience my love. Patience. And like what ant always say about me, pris.. you always want to take short cuts! But life is not about shortcuts, you need the initial steps to gear yourself to climb higher and further.
And here I am doing baking at a lesiurely fun pace with two cheesecake this weekend and an attempt to try tirimisu next week! And I am now taking it slow and steady:)


No comments:
Post a Comment