Monday, May 19, 2008

Spiritual Gifts

Daddy God is my super hero! Why am I saying this? Because he saves all the time! Hee..The weekend was really better than I expected, of course the extra day of rest came in super handy too! I was asked by Marlene to share a testimony of how God has changed my life together with the rest being jac, elaine and gavin on our journey of conversion.

I spent the whole week praying what I must say and although God showed me some stuff, I was completely clueless what to say or do. Thank God, He inspired Marlene to do the session in a talkshow manner! The chilled atmosphere got our nerves at ease and we just went on sharing about how we were like before we met christ and how we have changed after meeting Christ.

And before the session, I went for mass and gosh the love of God just enveloped me as I sang and praised and received the body of christ! And this song is still ringing in my head!!!


The greatest thing in all my life is loving you.

The greatest thing in all my life is loving you.

I want to love you more.

I want to love you more.

The greatest thing in all my life is loving you.

(And its followed by knowing you and serving you!)


Before the session started, we had a time of worship and once again I got a vision from God. I first saw a heart on fire and later on heard God say," Those who come to me, I will set your hearts on fire for my flame never ceases!" As usual, me being the squeaky mouse, I didnt dared to share the vision because everyone else was talking about the flow of water, river and all...

And I thought my vision had fire, so it might clash! Just then, elaine proclaimed, "Someone here has a vision!" Er, I waited awhile hoping its someone else and then Sury exclaimed, "Eh don't be shy le" I broke into cold sweat and a slight giggle and shared what I saw.

The next day, all was good after attending SJC con camp preparation session, went to angele's grandpa wake (Girly know that we are all here for you!hugs!), ate dinner with gavin, jane, eugene and jeanette and was a chauffeur to my dearest mummy too. And at night before saying my prayers, I casually flipped the bible and saw this. And honestly I think there is no reason why I should be shy in prophesying what God has shown me. Recently, Sury also gave me a word, "Boldness".

1 Corinthians 14: 2-4

Those who speak in a tongue speak to God, but not to other people, because nobody understands them; they are speaking in the Spirit and the meaning is hidden. On the other hand, someone who prophesises speaks to other people, building them up and giving them encouragement and reassurance. Those who speak in tongue may build themselves up, but those who prophesy build up the community.

1 Corinthians 14: 22-25

So then, strange languages are significant not for believers, but for unbelievers; whereas on the other hand, prophesying is not for unbelievers, but for believers. Suppose that, if the whole congregation were meeting and all of them speaking in tongues, and some uninitiated people or unbelievers were to come in, don't you think they would say that you were all raving?


But if you were all prophesying when an unbeliever or someone uninitiated came in, he would find himself put to the test by all and judged by all and the secrets of his heart revealed; and so he would fall down on his face and worship God, declaring that GOD is indeed among you.


This afternoon,on a public holiday, I decided to take a nap but suddenly felt a nudge to go to adoration room. Praise God I went! There was absolutely no one in the room and I sang all that I wanted to tell God in the silence and peace of HIS divine presence. And truely I left the room feeling super recharged and in complete acknowlegement that God will direct my ways and I want to yield to HIS will for me. Amen.

No comments: