Thursday, November 29, 2007

Potholes of Dreams

Let me just say..I am girl with a dream..erm..maybe alot of dreams!But I always think my dreams are too big to come true!And laziness and dreaming can never work hand in hand together!Like how i love to procrastinate..whine..drag and stone over what I should do. Then after that i will get fearful if i might get rejected and stuff..And the whole cycle goes around again!

Most recently,Im offered something.And I get all panicky because I do not know if that is really what I want.I mean I know what I want in five years time,but I am nowhere to where I am heading because the whole world thinks I want to be designer!

Yes,fashion is my first love but design is not.I realized only after my first year in the fashion course. And I began to explore the many aspects of fashion.I tried styling,designing and marketing,and although they are really fun and I can perform but.....my dream is to be a fashion journalist!

Yes!I want to write fashion related articles and I believe working in a magazine or newspaper department will expose me to the whole world of fashion like clothes,makeup,skincare,lifestyle and blah blah.You get the picture ya?

So what is this big dream I have?Well,to keep it short and simple.I want to be a fashion editor in one of the leading fashion magazines in the world.Hopefully,CHINA VOGUE!Honestly,as i type this..i am going wow...siao priscilla..fat dream..fat hope:(

And guess what, God has blessed me with opportunities of many. But I do not know which one to take and so I decided to pray..and GOD spoke to me!

I saw myself on a very dry and harsh environment.Just then,I saw myself digging potholes,many of them and wishing the rain will fall and I can drink from them. And i waited super long and the rain never came.So i asked GOD...er where is the rain?And GOD pointed up.I looked up and realized I have pitched a huge shelter over my potholes!Arghghg..no wonder no rain can ever seep into my cute potholes!And a word came: Comfort Zone!

Alright,its time I leave my comfort zone yeah..I told GOD!So i tore down the huge shelter and say.. pls let it rain now?And the rain came,but because my potholes are soo small and many,by the time the rain stopped,I was having a hard time trying to drink and get water from each one. Me being very curious continued to ask GOD,er...still dun have much water le??And next I saw a huge pothole beside me.In it was a whole gallon of water spilling out and GOD said,"Focus on one and work at it."

My heart almost choked after I saw and heard that. Ok..cool,God is soo frank and honest.Actually I know what to do already and so I pray for strength and will power to dream big for no dream is bigger than our magnificent GOD!

p/s:Pls also pray for dear sis antonia!She is going through a really tough time financially,physically and spiritually.Someone just stole her handphone today and she lost all her contacts.Keep her in prayers that a miracle will happen!Mother Mary,intercede for us for Ant to be comforted and assured through this difficult and trying time she is going through.We ask all these in Jesus Name,AMEN!

No comments: