Thursday, November 22, 2007

Washed Anew Over and Over Again



I saw this magnificent gushy washy scene..as I prayed in silence.


Just a day ago,I chanced upon this in the word among us:(Imagine how much freedom we could experience if we went to Confession with Zacchaeus's attitude: “Lord, I want to make things right so that you can stay at my house! I want to know you better so that I can serve you with all I have!” Jesus certainly wants to free us from our sins. But he also wants our conversion to be ongoing. He wants to fill our lives with his love, so that all our actions are rooted in him, and so that we can show the world his power. True repentance is not about hanging our heads in shame. It's about turning toward God, like Zacchaeus did, in joy and freedom!)


For the past two wks or so..i have been feeling very trapped. Not because I am unhappy but rather because I am surprisingly happy over a recent event. Er..sounds weird right.I do not wish to reveal what is it that is going on because the time is not right. And because of that,I have this huge nudgy feeling that I am hiding things from my family and friends,when its supposed to be good news.
What is good if you cant share right...(you must be wondering?)Honestly regarding this matter,time will tell and I seriously want to take things slow and calm. It is challenging but I believe fruits will bear when the time is ripe. God is merciful and generous in his promises. Although in this time of trial,i have my doubts,insecurity,fear and habits of sins, I make it a point to make a prayer. Be it a short one, a simple one or even one before meal times.


The road is never easy but I strongly believe God lends a hand to cheer me,hold me,hug me,smile at me and motivate me to go on. And continuing from the vision I saw, with waves flushing over me, i was washed upon a shore nearby. There I rested, all clean and anew,yet in the midst of my rest,I saw Jesus comforting me and sitting by my side.


"Lord, I know where I need to change, but I can't do it on my own. Visit me with your Holy Spirit, and give me the strength to transform my life.Thank you for assuring me of how much you adore me despite all the wrongdoings I have done. That no matter what, you still want me to call you,Daddy God."

No comments: