Friday, August 1, 2008

When the Holy Spirit come

You will RECEIVE THE POWER!

The crowd that gathered at The concert of WYD!

Multi-talented Matt Maher gives a touching performance as he lead us through really old school catholic songs filled with the spirit!

Darlene Zschech and Hillsongs United came to lend their stunning vocals too! I heard they did this without asking for any money and they also asked their church to pray for all catholics coming to WYD! The unity of one faith can create tremendous effects!

All of us had a moment of silence at the re-act of the scene where Jesus pleaded to Abba the father saying they know not what they are doing.

Cheerios to this man who acted as Jesus!All of us were freezing and shivering in our winter jackets and he beared it all for his love for christ! I really think his whole body is numb from cold after hours of being involved in the station of the cross.

See its so so cold that our beauties have to hide under a thermal blanket provided in our WYD bagpack!

The sun was still out and everyone was still in the mood for more picture taking!!We sat really near the stage but saw the whole station of the cross through a giant screen in front of us!

In the afternoon, we started walking around mingling with piligrims and exchanging souvenirs!

Aloha!Beauties from Hawaii!They gave me a handmade crochet necklace!Nice!

Young men from Germany all decked out in their costume?Hee..we just had to take a pic with them!

Street punkies from some other country I don't remember! We met so many people its hard to even count how many flags there are in the venue!

Every morning for the whole of WYD, we had cathechism in church with bishops giving session on our faith, the holy spirit and we got a chance to ask him questions on the spot, played games, sang songs, go for confession and eucharistic celebrations too!

The workshop that blew me away!Christopher West speaks on erotic love and the love of christ Jesus! The whole time, our eyes, mind and heart was fixed on his engaging talk!It's really good to hear him speak 'live'!I heard that they recorded podcasts of his talks on xt3.com, I am going to check it out soon!

After the pope's arrival, we went to a nearby park for some small chats and a hearty picnic session against the setting sun view.

While waiting for the pope to arrive in a ship travelling from Sydney Opera House to Barangaroo, we took time for some mango sorbet and restting of our tired feet!Thanks to Calvin who always bring his mat along!!

I remember years ago I saw the same view, but the emotions, thoughts and search is completely different now!

The best costume or if I must say national outfit of WYD 2008 goes to the Italians! They all had on a scarf, cape and cap in the same fabric and colour! Really awesome when they blow their horns, trumpets and sang out loud as they walk down the streets too! And seriously, they can stuff their bagpack behind, cover themselves all in the roomy cape!!Smart I must say!!

Just as everyone anticipates for the night vigil and mass with the holy father on Sunday, the whole week was packed with forums, workshops and concerts!All the programs were so fantastic but alas we didnt have enough time to walk from one venue to another in time! All in all, I think the organizers did a good job and the sunny rays in the afternoons were the best present we all received during the whole week!

No comments: