Friday, August 1, 2008

The day finally came


For all of us to march our way to randwick racecourse!We decided to take the shorter route by taking the train all the way to Bondi Junction and walked for an hour or so before we reach our destination!


As you can tell!Everyone was all packed up and ready for our pilgrimage walk!


Once we reached the site, we started preparing our nest for the evening vigil!Using rubbish bags, we even built a tent and if I can remember correctly, we were situated at D9, obviously if you're near A...you nearest to the main stage!


Team effort from everyone!


Look!By the time it was 3-4pm, the whole racecourse was packed to its brim by pilgrims!


We did our nation wide souvenirs exchanging exercise again!This time, its with girls from Korea!


Half way through our stroll, people asked us to exchange tee's, gave us free hugs, and just tonnes of exchanging going on.


I just realized I keep posing with the say cheese sign!How cheesy...!

These bags hold our foodies pre-packed by the volunteers!There is one that comes in a thermal protection!


Everyone is given a pilgrim guidebook that comes with all information about the catholic faith in australia, where are the locations were held, the content of the mass, lyrics and stories of saints !

A look at where we spent our night at!All cuddled up in our sleeping bags!!

The night is still young and I joined some newzealanders for a game of poker!

Yeah!My favourite salmon tasted so preservered!But kudos to their effort for keeping us hungry over the picture!


After final mass, fireworks and the party began!But we were all too sick and tired to participate.


The pope travelling around the racecourse in his papal mobile greeting everyone!I was too tired to walk nearer...alas this bad shot!


Yesh!These cubicles are the toilets everyone shared during our stay at the racecourse!Look at how jammed and crowded it is just to use a toilet!!Arghg...worse is sometimes there will be no water supply and they will ban us from using it!
(Photo courtesy of Jeremy Tan)

A view of our endless walk back home from randwick!We took a total of 5 hours to walk all the way to Central station as all other train stations were closed!Gosh...you should have seen my face as I make tortoise steps there!
(Photo courtesy of Jeremy Tan.)


Finally, real food!A proper decent meal!


This is where we all stayed!Noticed the yellow doors? They are the entrance to the classroom everyone stayed in for the whole week of WYD!


Omygawshyy..the best cereal in the world!It taste so good I even bought home a huge pack of it!

Our lunch box!Tuna cans, tim tam fingers, (potato chips, bun , a fruit and a can of soft drink) not included in this picture!

These picture can never ever justify the spirit and joy that happened during WYD SYDNEY 2008!Those who were there can vouch for that with arms high up the sky!It's incredible how when I look at these pictures, I say to myself! "Pris, you did it!"

Though it was the most tiring week ever with so many of us falling really ill. I for one got high fever during the evening vigil and was shivering my body away every night before bath time. It was all worth it. So worth it, that I dare say that all catholics or christians alike must attend WYD at least once in their lifetime!

God is present in that place, at that point and alive in the hearts of everyone there. This encounter that is so unique is so rejuvenating and refreshing! I really do not know how to describe what happened there but all I can say is.. BE There at the next WORLD YOUTH DAY!

No comments: