Sunday, September 16, 2007

A bed of roses(A testimony!!!)

Ever since saturday, I was tempted to take up something for its attractive offer and deal.It got me thinking and wondering and in a very panicky mode.I started to day dream about the possibility of it.Basically,its something which will add fame and riches.

Then i started to consult my parents and few from cell about the problem.And although my heart tells me no,i hoped they will say yes. The answer they gave me made me more confused.Sheesh...so i went ahead with my weekend..thinking and pondering about it since the deadline is awhile away.

But the biggest wake up call gavin told me was."Hey pris..so have you prayed about it?"

Er..no it never crossed my mind to ask God.Gosh...very very bad(For this whole week or so,I have been so drained and my quiet time with God was shelved aside.)

So I began to ask God of his decision for me for He knows best! It was not until a few minutes before i posted this.I got my answer from God. I decided to spend more time with Him before i doze off.With praises and hands raised up,I thanked God and worshipped Him...yeah!The prayer ended very sweetly with peace. Just then,as i was about to take a book to read.I heard God's voice prompting me..

"Don't you want to hear my answer?"

So i sat really still and prayed.Just then,I saw a little girl.She was in a garden of flowers.She picked up one stalk of flower and admired it..She loved it so much.She began to pick as many flowers as she could.With flowers in her hands,she looked at the garden again.Gosh...it was so empty so ugly..

And God showed me a word."Greed."

Ah..now i know why.I was greedy.I wanted the deal because it will make me famous.I wanted the deal because i will be richer.Its all about my wants.Its all about my desires. And right after reflecting.I saw the same little girl again.Instead,she picked up one flower and stopped.The flowers multiplied.What a beautiful scene it was when the bed of flowers glittered under the brilliant sunlight.

"Take delight in the Lord,and He will give you the desires of your heart."Psalm 37:4


No comments: