Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wedding Bells Ringing Again

For my parents as they recite their wedding vows again at OLPS marriage encounter wedding mass for couples who have been married for more than 10 years or above.

My parents looking really happy as they walked down the aisle after 25 years of marriage and many more years to come!

Obviously I was there to share my joy and be the photographer of the day!

And Ro joined me too..although he does not understand anything that was said during the chinese mass.



My dearest Godmother also came down to gave her support!

My parents requested for me to get them watches and look at their faces as they anticipate what I might be getting them!

Here they are showing off their new watches me and Ro picked for them!

Really just want to praise God for my parents! Their marriage journey hasn't been all smooth sailing but it has really changed for the better ever since my parents accepted christ in their lives! I remember in the past when they argue or get mad at each other (which they still do sometimes), it was alot harder to reconcile with each other. For there was no outlet for them to express their anger, disappointments and frustrations.

I remember daddy telling me once that even though they have both become catholics, they still think God was some high almighty fierce dude who just judge and make life hard. But after my conversion, I started sharing with them about my experiences and testimonies of my friends, the impression and realization that God lives in them and loves them so much soon began to stir in his heart.

Today, every morning and night..regardless of how late the day ends, I see my dad saying his prayer before bedtime or on the way to work with a decade of rosary. His faithfulness and devotion to God is so admirable. Because daddy and mummy believes in a God who does not change and that HE is alive in their hearts.

Many miracles have happened in my family because we simply believe that prayer move mountains. Healing and restoration of the hearts is a constant prayer I make for my family each day. I am really grateful for such wonderful, loving and compassionate parents, who sees me for who I am and loves me regardless of how crappy or rude I can get.

Daddy and Mummy, here is a toast from me to you both!
Happy 25th year wedding anniversary!

No comments: