Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dancing Fever



I literally had a fever yesterday while working on the dance moves of "Come Holy Spirit Come". I fell ill on friday and was wondering how am I ever going to perform the next day for the Archdiocesan Youth Day Rally at Toa Payoh Sports Hall. I knew I cannot back out at the last minute as there isn't enough dancers already and the formation of the dance will look awkward if one is missing.

So I gritted my teeth and prayed for speedy recovery to perform. Afterall its an opening prayer song dedicated to God and I knew that I really wanted to be part of it. Not only have we performed and went for countless practices, it will be the very last time we are going to perform together as a team.

Actually before the dance, every time there is a dance practice, I am often being told that my moves were not dramatic, expressive or I was either too fast or too slow and sometimes not even align with the rest.

Yesterday around 1pm, I arrived at the sports hall with a super heavy heart. I looked so gone everyone thought I was going to faint. And even during our rehearsals, I was being pointed out for having no energy..blah blah. Wah..I really felt like going home, but I decided to stick to my plan to do my best regardless of my fever and throat getting worse as the clock ticked.

The evening came, the lights and the cameras came on, and we got into our positions. I said a short prayer as the song began and I danced with all my heart. I forgot about my sickness but all I visioned was God smiling and looking upon me lovingly. I know He is rejoicing and dancing along with me as I skipped, rolled, twirled and move my hands and legs to the beat of the song.

The lights went off and as we scurried backstage, I heaved a sigh of relief that it was finally over.And I hugged Ant as we sat watching the rest of the program for the evening. "Babe..thank you for asking me to be part of this. It drew me to God in ways I never expected." It was a moment to share with Daddy God and my most beloved girly and the team as we smiled from within.

The applause, cheers and the immense joy we all got out of this dance was indescribable. Thank you Lord for this opportunity to serve you in gifts you have flourished upon me.

No comments: