Monday, June 30, 2008

Awakening

Actually I wrote a long post earlier but I deleted it because there is a message which has captured my heart.

God lives in you and me.

Recalling back, (to those of you who were in group-enduring-), we had a quiet time sharing session on the 3rd day of the camp. That to me was one priceless moment with God. There I was sitting in front of church, in the presence of all of you who were in deep thoughts and there were the trees whistling, the sky so blue and the greens blooming in front of me.


Instead of penning down my thoughts, I started drawing. I drew and drew and continued drawing. And I started recalling 2 words. Help me. A few years ago, during YISS, we were told to write a letter to Jesus and the only words I wrote in the paper was, help me.


I didnt know where I was going, what I was doing and my thoughts and mind were in complete blank. Worse, I knew there was a GOD but what is going to happen now?I prayed for God to direct my paths and show Himself to me.


Fast forward to today, I am speechless with gratitude, honour and love for God. Not only have I seen him face to face, heart to heart, hugs to hugs, cries to cries, I see his mercy and his grace shining at me every single moment, every second.

I also learned that He is God who can be found. A God who can be known. A God who wants to be close to us. That's why He is called Immanuel, which means "God with us." But He draws close to us as we draw close to Him. (James 4:8)

Amidst all the miracles, unbelievable testimonies in my lives and in the lives of others, God was never far from me. Many ask me why I love God? Now I know the answer.


Because God lives in me and God is love.

My whole being belongs to God who came, called and died for me. And because of God, there is love in each and everyone of us. And so we are love and am called to love one another . :)

No comments: