Monday, March 3, 2008

Swirl Girls Goes to Hong Kong!


Posing at our hotel lobby!We stayed on the 36th floor and its the slowest lift ride ever!

Tender beef noodles upon arrival before we start sourcing!


Yu Chau Street..where we went everyday to pick out swatches,get our orders and lung them back!

The many million swatches all dotted down the street!


After a day of work..its time to chill!!!At Causeway Bay!

I think this is such a brilliant way to make use of spaces!!

Munching down my roast goose rice!!Yummy chummy!

How can we not eat Krispy Kreme Doughnuts!!!I ate so many throughout the entire trip!

Thats me munching down my 3rd choco rocky!

Our hearty Hongkong Breakfast!

One of the fabric dealer made these out of paper!!How cuteeee!!!

While my bosses busy themselves by deciding the right trim..

I took many many pictures of them in action...


I wish I own them all...

A beautiful roof display in a atas trimming shop

I cannot believe my eyes when I saw PRET at Central MTR station!
But the quality is really lousy!I miss London...

Runny Qoo-ishy Century Egg..

My new found love for this new vinegar sauce!It taste soooo good, I can eat it on its own!

The very very famous Roasted Goose!!!!!

The station where we depart every morning to do sourcing!

The super delicious fried squid tentacles!We ordered two and still cannot get enough of it!


Honey, pomelo and tangerine drink..soooo soothing and tasty!!


Beancurd with rock sugar rocks!!!!!


The challenging tram ride!!

With Evelyn..aka BoBo's Mummy!


With Suzanne aka Nina the Wannabe and Prawn Cracker Nibbler!


Waiting for the cab as we lunged the heavy fabrics to the post office to be shipped home!

Having eaten so many bowls of noodles, I needed my dose of curry fried pork rice intake.

The bustling bright night scene

The glamourous roast goose restaurant

How can we girls not end our meal with sweet desserts!!!

A ground breaking baby fart..

Watching from the top floor of Giordano concept store...as massive crowds paraded through the streets!

Fish Maw with mushroom and chicken!!Its finger licking Good!!

Best lotus and yolk pau!!!taste like moon cake but ever better!!!WOW..

Trying the pretty prints at Orla Kiely boutique..at Wellington street


We arrived at the airport sooo early but guess wat, we actually missed our flight!!!

Me boo-ing the lousy Hongkong Aiport staff and system..waiting to check in again!

Byeeeeeee..Hongkong!!!!!!!


After a whirlwind week in Hongkong, I am finally back home again!Boy was it a fruitful, fun, hilarious, crazy and tummy filling trip! Each and every single day was jammed packed with mind bogging stuff to do, eat and move! Really enjoyed the company of my bosses as they grossed me up with sooo many weird ,scary and freaky things they do or say!! But one thing for sure, we came home packed with so many wonderful fabrics for our new collection!!

I cannot wait to start working on the drafts and very soon, all the gorgeous prints for the designs will be out!!!The weather in Hongkong was strangely not as cold as I thought it will be, so I went walking around in a dress and a light jacket every single day! What I will miss most is definitely not the gloomy foggy weather but the food!!!!!!!

Everywhere, people are prancing around like they are rushing for something sooo important, the city is jammed packed with soo many people all day long! I feel soo rushy pushy there whenever I try squeezing my way through the MTR or the insanely crampy tram rides!Even while crossing the streets, it is people people and more people!!Arhghghgh!!!!

And as everyone knows, right now in Hongkong the biggest news is the Edison Chan sex scandal!On the newstands are stacks of gossip mags filled with images and catchy headlines!I managed to catch a few glimpse of the news in the restaurant and little convenience store..Dun ask me why I didnt get a copy!Ok, enough of that...now to Foooooddd!!!

My bosses bought me to the best places to eat!Had so many divine dishes that I piled on a kg or so!!And not forgetting some little retail therapy at H&M and vintage dresses by the street market for as cheap as $3!!!But the most hilarious thing had to be us missing our flight home!!We arrived sooo early at the airport and decided to chill and eat more krispy kreme, after checking in, we checked the signage that says it will take us 15-20 mins to arrive at our designated gate.

So we happily strolled into Giordano Ladies for some browsing but ended up trying and buying. And at a squeak!We realised we have only 20 mins left to reach the gate!As fast as our legs could carry, we sprinted through the customs but were flabbergasted at the snaking long queue!!!Little did we know, we still had to take another tram to the gate!By the time we ran to our gate panting five minutes late, NO ONE was there!!!!

We pleaded for a lady to help us, but she just said there is no way we can get on the plane as the gate is closed!!!The bus uncle who was supposed to bring all passengers to the flight shrugged his shoulders and gave us a mocking laugh!!!!!!Tears flowed down my puffy cheeks!I cannot believe we missed our flight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it did not help that the service of the staff at Hongkong Airport was absolutely abhorrent!!This girl by the information gave us sacarstic remarks lamenting its our fault and not showing any sign of basic respect that we are customers afterall and were in this plight!They do not even know how much a aiport hotel room might cost!!How ridiculous can it be for a information counter that knows nothing!!!

In the end, we had to re-book our flights for the next morning and even find the aiport hotel ourselves! Thankfully, the airport hotel was super comfortable and grand!And we strolled into the airport wearing our pjyames to eat our much awaited dinner around 10.45pm after the customs cancelled our entry out of HK!

The next morning, before we were about to check in, I screamed!!!I have left my handphone in the hotel in TERMINAL ONE!!and I was in TERMINAL TWO!!!!!AHHHHHHHH...i ran until my face turned pale and prayed with all my heart that no one has occupied the room!!!Phew, thank God, I found it and returned back into the queue just in time to check in!Gosh what an adventure it was!Am sooo happy to finally be back home where I belong!!!:)

No comments: