Monday, March 17, 2008

Discouraged Speech

During the weekends...I stoned at home you-tubing the whole season of project runway 4 and lots of korean soap dramas but in the midst of it all, I chatted with cherie and we decided to come out with 10 things good and bad about ourselves!

It was completely hilarious when we read each other flaws! And one thing I reflected was how capable I was at whining and complaining about things, even good things sometimes! Most recently, I have been super annoyed by a pay cut from my already depressing dreadful tuition every saturday!

I whined and sulked as I cycled back home, continued with more complaints with my family and friends and throughout the whole week, I was still bothered.

This incessant complaining caused me sadness and frustrations! I kept wondering why, how come, this and that but the truth is she is very firm about the change!!!Hmpghhh!!Until one night while eating steamy hot steamboat, my dad said," you only have two choice now! Take it or leave it and shut up!"

I knew I had to continue despite wishing I could quit, afterall I have been there for 6 yrs and now I have to prepare the weekly worksheets! Darn, but the truth was..as I reflected..the principal is actually paying me quite a high rate already, its soo near my place that I can cycle or even walk there, its only 1 and a half hours and I have nothing on on Sat! Instead of complaining, I decided that if I cannot change something, then I will change the way I think about it and stop complaining!

Here are some situations I come across and have counter it with hope!

1. We can complain about what we cannot do, or we can do what we can do.

2. We can complain about the conditions in society and wish someone would do something about it, or we can pray.

3. We can complain about what we don't have, or we can be thankful for what we do have.

4. We can find fault with our family and friends, or we can thank God we are not completely alone in life.

5. We can complain about the job we have, or we can thank God we have one.

6. We can complain about traffic, or we can thank God we have an automobile when most of the world still walks everywhere they go.

7. We can complain about the weather, or we can thank God we are healthy enough to go outside.

It is really a complete waste of time to complain as it says aloud how you are not satisfied with the way God is taking care of you. Its not easy but I must try! And think of it, how thankful you are in the valleys of life helps determine how fast you will make it to the mountaintops! Often I have the tendency to think the grass is always greener on the other side. But if I was on the other side, I must understand that the grass there must be mowed too!!!

No comments: