First day, first glimpse
Arriving bright and early with a luggage of materials, I was greeted by two young girls when I stepped into the classroom. After speaking to them both, it dawned on me that I have gotten the timing of my class wrong, started to panick after one told me she is from SOTA and seeing her draw anime cartoons better than I can and another telling me she has hearing disablities.
Looking down the list of names, my eyes zoomed to Daniel. The only boy.
How brave!I mumbled to myself as I adjusted the speaker mike I had to attach on so that the girl could hear me speak clearly through her hearing aid. One by one, the students streamed in. And when Daniel entered, he gave an apprehensive scan around and trudged into his seat. I asked almost everyone why they wanted to join this course and most of them echoed joy in their lips that they were interested!Only Daniel said his mother enrolled him.
This boy is quite a charmer, he has looks, style and attitude for someone sooo young!(No I am not infatuated with a 13 year old!) Although he was sort of forced to be in a fashion drawing class where you have to draw boobs and butts, he persevered! All of them reminded me of how I was so eager to learn fashion when I was 15 and honestly I think their standards were really high!
They could sketch out the eyes with such intensity, get the human body proportion quite right and was very cooperative with me guiding them in every step. Of course, there were hilarious moments where some of them drew scary shapes, lumpy thighs, thunderous muscle arms, padded shoulders but all in all, they helped renew my passion in drawing and made me appreciate that I am really doing what I love.
Am going to start planning which outfit of mine has pockets to place the speaker device:)


No comments:
Post a Comment