Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Shades of Hope

I might have told some of you how mad I was with God for making me sick last week!I had great plans for so many things..like YISS DEC!!,my new career path and the interviews lined up.But what got me really disappointed was not being able to participate in YISS!For its the retreat that really changed my life!


But God works in miraculous ways!And although I was not able to be present,but a little thing I did made it for YISS!Months ago,I met up with a few service team members to brainstorm for more ideas to cheer and reward everyone in the service team this year.And God blessed me with an idea of giving everyone a fun pack!A goodie pack filled with bundles of vitamins,healthy drinks,sweets and snacks to munch for the four tiring days in YI!


Next, Cass asked if I was interested to work this idea out.I agreed and began working on it two weeks before YI.Josie helped me a great deal by giving me more ideas,helping me out with the sourcing of items and fitting all the goodies within our tight budget!With help from my parents,I lunged 8 heavy packs of 100plus home,bags and mountains of chocos,vitamins,sweets and slowly seperate them into 100 mini fun packs!And Iggy was really nice to come all the way down west to pick them up.

Although I would really wish to see the faces of everyone when they received the fun pack,but God blessed me with winston who spoke to me yest online and he shared something really sweet and affirming.In the midst of our conversation,suddenly he asked if Ive heard the story of the good colour pencil. I said no and he proceeded to share what is it to be a good colour pencil;

1. what matters is the inside (i.e. the carbon of the pencil)

2. sometimes you have to endure a painful sharpening process, before you become a better pencil

3. in order to do great things, you have to let yourself be placed in a hand

4. a great color pencil is one that leaves its marks on any surface, making a beautiful picture in that process, the pencil may not physically be in the pic, but its color is left on the impression of the picture

And he ended it off saying,"dunch you tink it sounds like you pris?"Gosh,i was really touched because all these while,i kept on harping on why things didnt work out the way i want it to be,yet God knew long ago that I would not be able to participate at YI,yet he allowed me to contribute in my own tiny ways.I am so glad I did it!

This really gave me a sense of hope once again that although the road ahead looks cloudy,but as long as I cling onto GOD and say my Yes to Him,He will make my paths straight!

No comments: