2008 is coming to an end in a few hours time!!
I want to grab this opportunity to take a look back..
1. I got hit by the travel bug!
I travelled to London, Milan, Rome, Venice, Florence, Hongkong, Melbourne, Sydney and Bali.Woot! I never thought I could travel to so many places!!Weeh..Even thinking back I am soo in awe! Hee...Really want to thank many because without them, I wont even have the chance to travel! Of course..first being Topshop, Wingtai and DesignCouncil Singapore, Chelsa, Jacq and Donna for their lovely company in Italy, My bosses for the all expenses paid buying trip, Antonia and gang for organizing the WYD pilgrimage, and of coure Ro and his wonderful family for the great getaway!
2. Topshop Internship
2. Topshop Internship
Its too awesome to not mention this! Watching how such a mega fashion giant operates is like a girl going to a barbie or chocolate factory! Seriously, I've learnt so much and Topshop is truly a legend!!I've blogged my daily stories there before so I will just keep this short and sweet!!
3. Travelling alone
And I meant travelling without friends..without companions..classmates..whatsoever!I am really proud of myself for wanting to extend my stay in Italy! That experience drew me really close to God and also I have learnt to trust my instincts and I dare say I want to travel alone again! It's super therapeutic!!
4. Fashion Illustrations
This year I really was given many chance to express my interest and passion in fashion sketching! Not only at work..where I drew sweet little interiors to our designs and also the year end sketches where I literally sketch out the dress we currently have in the store! Really want to thank my bosses for really appreciating where my strengths lies!! And of course the other good news is my very own fashion drawing class with NAFA!!I am really glad I was given 101% creative freedom to design my own course, materials and teaching methods and have won rave reviews too!I really hope for more opportunities in the future!
5. Miss Blogger
I now own 3 blogs, and I'm also a contributor to my company's blog. So rightfully, its 4 blogs!! First being myheartforgod, the second is a private one that only less than a handful know of but I seldom blogged there lately, the third is one for me and ro to pen down our thoughts and its obviously only for both of us and the last is the swirlgirls blog!!
I am thinking of setting up another one where I can rattle on and on and on about my love for anything lovely! I was thinking itchywishy! What do you guys think! And I want to use it as a platform to showcase my doodles and maybe some clothes that I can no longer wear! Did I tell you guys I got a doll form too??
6. Baking Fiesta
For the first time in the Tan's family life, the kitchen is crowded with my rare appearence! Ha..that's what my dad says. I have tried making many attempts of banana cakes, cheesecakes, tiramisus, potato salads, pastas, cha sobas, cookies and brownies! But lately I have been so lazy dating, I have not really brush up on my skills, so I am back to ground zero in knowledge and skills!
7. Online Cell
Together with Chantale and Sharon, from my RCIA year. We decided to form a online cell because Sharon was based in Sydney but now that she is back..somehow we still hold it online sometimes too despite us having time to meet in person! And Sharon is currently in Beijing with her grandpa, seeking treatment for his lung cancer! Pray for him please!
3. Travelling alone
And I meant travelling without friends..without companions..classmates..whatsoever!I am really proud of myself for wanting to extend my stay in Italy! That experience drew me really close to God and also I have learnt to trust my instincts and I dare say I want to travel alone again! It's super therapeutic!!
4. Fashion Illustrations
This year I really was given many chance to express my interest and passion in fashion sketching! Not only at work..where I drew sweet little interiors to our designs and also the year end sketches where I literally sketch out the dress we currently have in the store! Really want to thank my bosses for really appreciating where my strengths lies!! And of course the other good news is my very own fashion drawing class with NAFA!!I am really glad I was given 101% creative freedom to design my own course, materials and teaching methods and have won rave reviews too!I really hope for more opportunities in the future!
5. Miss Blogger
I now own 3 blogs, and I'm also a contributor to my company's blog. So rightfully, its 4 blogs!! First being myheartforgod, the second is a private one that only less than a handful know of but I seldom blogged there lately, the third is one for me and ro to pen down our thoughts and its obviously only for both of us and the last is the swirlgirls blog!!
I am thinking of setting up another one where I can rattle on and on and on about my love for anything lovely! I was thinking itchywishy! What do you guys think! And I want to use it as a platform to showcase my doodles and maybe some clothes that I can no longer wear! Did I tell you guys I got a doll form too??
6. Baking Fiesta
For the first time in the Tan's family life, the kitchen is crowded with my rare appearence! Ha..that's what my dad says. I have tried making many attempts of banana cakes, cheesecakes, tiramisus, potato salads, pastas, cha sobas, cookies and brownies! But lately I have been so lazy dating, I have not really brush up on my skills, so I am back to ground zero in knowledge and skills!
7. Online Cell
Together with Chantale and Sharon, from my RCIA year. We decided to form a online cell because Sharon was based in Sydney but now that she is back..somehow we still hold it online sometimes too despite us having time to meet in person! And Sharon is currently in Beijing with her grandpa, seeking treatment for his lung cancer! Pray for him please!
8. World Youth Day 2008
This I must definitely mention! Its the very first time I attended such a massive conference gathering almost all nations from every corner of the earth! It was a really enriching experience to chat and meet people with the same faith as me! But what really captured my heart was my host family love for the people around them..Aw...and of course everyone we met in WYD!!!
9. Press Releases
This whole year, I was really blessed to have been featured in many magazines and newspaper! With the Topshop internship, it really gave me a huge exposure with all the interviews done..with Channel newsasia, Star newspaper from Malaysia, New Paper, Female, Citabella and a few others which I have seen glimpses of but cannot get hold. And of course, I just received news from Nafa that my really lovely advertisement with them will be launched in Jan! So watch out for me and keep a copy! Ha...
This I must definitely mention! Its the very first time I attended such a massive conference gathering almost all nations from every corner of the earth! It was a really enriching experience to chat and meet people with the same faith as me! But what really captured my heart was my host family love for the people around them..Aw...and of course everyone we met in WYD!!!
9. Press Releases
This whole year, I was really blessed to have been featured in many magazines and newspaper! With the Topshop internship, it really gave me a huge exposure with all the interviews done..with Channel newsasia, Star newspaper from Malaysia, New Paper, Female, Citabella and a few others which I have seen glimpses of but cannot get hold. And of course, I just received news from Nafa that my really lovely advertisement with them will be launched in Jan! So watch out for me and keep a copy! Ha...
10. Meeting my soulmate
Ah...I just have to leave him last but there is a saying of the last being the best. Whahaa..ok please don't puke on your screen! Well..there is so much I want to say but yet nothing I can say because I have really been blessed with a really wonderful man. Thank you Ro, if you are reading this for being here for me..for loving me for who I am and for appreciating my strengths and weakness! Hugssss!!!
And I want to end by wishing my most beloved Ro...
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY!!
and to everyone...
HAVE A SMASHING NEW YEAR!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment