I just attended novena for the first time in my life!Really didnt expect this devotion to bring so much peace and comfort to my whole being. What made it really special was cell with my most beloved family! Everything about the day was brilliant until the wedding dinner of my cousin.I think it was a beautiful wedding with grand setting and food but what got me really disappointed was that the couple did not express their thanks to God despite them being christians.
Am I being too rigid and demanding? I do not think so. Firstly, God made them and brought them together I am sure. And they went on thanking their wedding planners, family and friends..but without God's blessing and talents He gives to them..the wedding wont even happen.
Hai, I guess it brought me back to our cell sharing on what is really the cross in our lives?Do we think that just by believing in Jesus, our worries and struggles are all gone? Rather, I think it challenges me again to have a deeper reflection as to what is my cross?
After some thought, I think my cross right now is pretty light. I admit life is really blissful and beautiful now! I remembered months ago, I could be listening to a song and I'll just cry uncontrollably but now I am all smiley and enjoying every beat of it. And I will start wondering if all these are just dreams or ask if they are everlasting? How can anyone not have sufferings and sadness?
This brought me back to mass a couple of weeks back, I was sulking and I had a really heavy heart thinking if the decision or thoughts I had were right or just mere feelings and desires of the moment. Even my dad noticed that I was strangely down and asked if I was alright. Just after he asked, I heard Jesus speaking lovingly to me..
"Dear girl, why are you putting curses on yourself when I am pouring blessings on you! Receive my love..Rejoice in the good news!"
Still, I continued to let my down spirit take over me. But God the father being very persistent decided to get His message across to me with REJOICE- this word sung in every hymn song during mass and if I remembered correctly, the homily also talked about seasons! There is a time for joy and there is a time for sadness. I want to learn to praise, love and thank God in every season of my life:)
Verse 1:
This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger in me
My God is a God who provides
Verse 2:
And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames
Chorus:
And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain
I will rejoiceI will declare
God is my victory and He is here
Verse 3:
And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand
Bridge:
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship
Verse 4:
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be empited again
The seed I've recieved I will sow

No comments:
Post a Comment