Hey Ho everyone!!!
It's been an insanely crazy 2 wks so far for world youth day!!!Every single day is jammed packed with tonnes of walking!!Its like running for a marthon just that our destination is churches, chapels, workshops and forums!!!
The weather in Melb was terribly cold and freezing!!!I had to pile on 5 blankets plus sleeping mat on my mattress when I was sleeping in my host's family place!!Its rainy, windy and soooo icy! Was quite a nightmare but I still enjoyed the home stay with my host because she treated me and valerie like princesses!
We get to drink hot chocolate with marshmallows everyday as many times we want and lots of sweet goodies too! So its no surprise we all gained some fats along the way!
The coach ride down to sydney was 14 hours long!!Darn, it was super tiring and body aching man! Thankfully, the weather in sydney is much warmer but by 4pm, it turns super chilly AGAIN!
It does not help that we sleep on cold classrooms with a self timer heater that only lasts 3 hrs each turn! And our makeshift wooden bath showers that is completely translucent from the top! We girls could only bath in the night when no one is walking around the corridor peering into it!! Very challening indeed! Not forgetting all water taps here are ICE COLD!!
And of course you'll be wondering if we saw the pope anot? YESHHH we did..but from afar!I have actually just got home from a 4 hour walk from the final mass venue at ranwick stadium!!Super draining and tedious with our moutain packs of sleeping bags and heavy bagpack!!!
Night vigil was really quite a feat too as we all struggled to curl into our sleeping bag layered by a thermal slivery blanket they provide and our gloves, cashmere sweaters blah blah! The toilet queue was so long as more than 170 nations gathered together to celebrate this amazing event ! I heard there were more than 500,000 piligrims there! I had lots of fun exchanging souveneirs with youths all over the world!But the cold was soo soo tough as I was already down with flu, cough, sorthroat and fever!!
The food they catered for us is quite miserable too. We eat tonnes of bbq sausages, tuna buns, cold curries with more buns, dried buns and more buns!I miss my teochew porridge..hot and soo tasty:(
O man, tonight will be the very first time we are all turning in before 1 am!Will post pictures and more updates once I get home!
In the meantime, I am now all set for HOLIDAY!!!!2 days in sydney and another 5 more days in melbourne!!!Weeet!!!Pray for us all please as most of us are sick after the harsh conditions!!!
O man, tonight will be the very first time we are all turning in before 1 am!Will post pictures and more updates once I get home!
In the meantime, I am now all set for HOLIDAY!!!!2 days in sydney and another 5 more days in melbourne!!!Weeet!!!Pray for us all please as most of us are sick after the harsh conditions!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment